Our church was formed in 1823 as a mission of the Congregation of Fairfield, which is presently called Fairfield Reformed Church. The church was renovated in 1881 were plain glass window were covered with colored paper to simulate stained glass and a furnace installed.
In 1891 Church envelopes were used for the first time for collecting funds. New golden oak pews with red cushions were acquired. Two years later Beattie Carpet Mill of Little Falls donated the carpet. In 1900 both the church and the parsonage were wired for electricity. The pipe organ was a generous gift to the church in 1907.
In 1912 the congregation voted to change the church name from Reformed Dutch Church of Little Fall, Passaic County and State of New Jersey, to First Reformed Church of Little Falls, New Jersey.
In 1957 the church’s stain glass windows were dedicated. In 1965 Fellowship Hall was completed with its stage and modern kitchen.
In 1976 the sanctuary underwent major renovation. Contractors changed the heat from steam to hot water, the electrical system was renovated. New lighting with dimmer switches, new wainscot, new flooring and carpet were all installed. Pews were refinished and the sanctuary was repainted.
In 1993 our “Children and Worship” program was started.
In 1995 the Church outside was taken care of with roofing, pointing of masonry and siding.
In 2001 the Parsonage was completely redone on the inside with new heat and air conditioning, electric, appliances ,kitchen and bathrooms
In 2013 the church was painted ,air conditioned and new landscaping. A memorial Garden was also added.
In 2015 our church community voted to officially declared ourselves a welcoming and affirming of gay, lesbian, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender people. We are proud to be included in Room For All’s “roster” list of open and affirming church communities.
First Reformed Church of Little Falls, NJ